Public Sector Equality Duty
Bothal Primary School Equality Objectives
- To reduce the incidence of prejudice related incidents in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences both in and beyond the school.
- To increase the extent to which all pupils and members of staff, including those with protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act, feel valued and confident, and in consequence more likely to achieve their targets.
- To narrow the attendance gap between low income pupils and non low income pupils so they all attend in line with the school’s target of 96.7%
- To increase staff’s understanding of equality and its implications on a day to day basis, and in this way to reduce or remove inequalities in attainment throughout the school, particularly inequalities relating to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act’